- As the facts and situation around COVID-19 (coronavirus) continue to evolve, and in step with Gov. Newsom’s recent Declaration of a State of Emergency, including the call for all seniors over the age of 65 and residents with chronic conditions to self-isolate at home, the California Dental Association is requesting the cooperation of all California dentists and issuing the following guidance:
- The California Dental Association strongly recommends that dentists practicing in California voluntarily suspend non-urgent or non-emergency dental care for the next 14 days. As always, it is expected that dentists will continue to be available as needed for emergency care and services.
CDA does not make this request lightly, and it is being done out of an abundance of caution during this historic public health emergency. As health care professionals, we all have a role to play in “flattening the curve” in order to follow sound, scientific public health advice to help limit infections and slow the spread of the virus.
From Our Office!
- We want to take this opportunity to update all of our patients on our current appointment protocol, screening practices, and safety measures we are taking at this time. With the above Covid-19 Information we have chosen to implement the following for the safety of our patients and staff.
Our hours of operation will be reduced to 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Tuesday-Friday.
- All Hygiene/Dental check up and cleaning appointments will be rescheduled for 2 weeks out for patients under the age of 60 and 4 weeks for patients over the age of 60. (we will continue to reschedule these appointments as we receive updates).
- All Dental treatment appointments for patients over the age of 65 are to be rescheduled for 4 weeks out. Patients under the age of 65 will be screened to see if we can continue with your treatment needs.
We will only be seeing 4 to 6 patients a day. 1 patient at a time with 20 minute min intervals between appointments. To allow our staff to sanitize the office appropriately
- All our staff is following all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) guidelines and recommendations from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) for each appointment.
- We want all of our patients, friends and family’s to know that we are taking this outbreak very seriously at this time. Our office will remain open for emergency services and dental treatment appointments that are recommended and or needed. Our office will be utilizing our e-mail and text communication services for the majority off office and appointment updates.
We will continue to follow the CDC and CDA guidelines as they are update. The CDA at this time is recommending that we not just cancel all appointments at this time. They are recommending that we reschedule non essential appointments appropriately and continue to do so as we receive updates. The reason for this is that we do not want to have a rush on these non essential services once we have been cleared to see patients on a regularly scheduled basis again.
- Please do not hesitate to reach out to the office with any question during our new listed hours, e-mail us, and text if needed.
- We will be contacting all scheduled patients over that next several days and weeks regarding any upcoming dental appointments.
- If you are immune compromised and are of any age, please contact the office to be appropriately rescheduled. Also please contact the office if you have concerns about coming in on a personal level during this time of global illness. Our office is doing the best we can to accommodate all our patient’s.
Also if you have any friends or family members that are not patient’s of our office at this time we are willing to see them if possible for emergency dental services if needed.
Thank You for your continued support and understanding!
Dr. Michael Scrydloff DDS and Staff.