Inhalation Sedation (Laughing Gas)
inhalation sedation, laughing gas, relative analgesia, RA, happy gas, gas and air, nitrous, nitrous oxide, N2O-O2… this one has more names than any other sedation technique! And deservedly so. Inhalation sedation with nitrous oxide (N2O) and oxygen (O2) has been described as “representing the most nearly ‘ideal’ clinical sedative circumstance”…
- What is it? And what does it do?
- First-hand accounts of Relative Analgesia
- How does nitrous oxide work?
- How is nitrous oxide administered?
- What are the advantages of nitrous oxide?
- Are there any disadvantages?
- What about bad experiences with laughing gas?
- Are there any contraindications?
- How do I know if it’s for me?